A Foodbloggers' Meme around the World

Ulrike from Küchenlatein kindly tagged me for my very first English Meme. She lives in the North of Germany, in Kiel, while I live in the very West of the country, not far from Holland, in Düsseldorf.

1. Please list three recipes you have recently bookmarked from foodblogs to try

Ségolène Lefèvre’s Magrets aux pamplemousses (Duck breasts with Grapefruit)
I probably could eat duck breasts several times a week, and yet they would be different every time.

David Lebovitz’s Apricot Soufflés
I’ve bookmarked the recipe in January, have finally made it, and it’s even better than I thought it would be.

Mine’s Kirsch-Schokoladenkuchen (Cherry Chocolate Cake)
I had cherries, albeit preserved in alcohol, I saw the recipe a few days ago, and I have tried it already. Nice, and quickly eaten up...

2. A foodblog in your vicinity

Epices et Compagnie, written by Aude, another French woman living in Germany, in Cologne, 40 kilometres south of my location.

3. A foodblog located far from you

Scent of Green Banana, written from Guam, a truly exotic location to me.

4. A foodblog (or several) you have discovered recently (where did you find it?)

I must admit that I have forgotten where I have discovered this one, but I enjoy reading Rettet das Mittagessen, a blog written by the author of some popular German cookbooks, and aimed at rescuing the endangered meal which is lunch on a week-day.

I like foodblogs from expatriates, like Nami Nami, written from Scotland by Pille, from Estonia. Again, I’ve discovered this blog recently, but I have forgotten where…

A friend mailed me this link yesterday, so I had to edit this message: (Lima) Beans and Delhi Cha(a)t . Two bloggers; one from Lima, one from New Dehli, trying each other recipes at a distance.

5. Any people or bloggers you want to tag with this meme?

I have no idea if Adam, The Amateur Gourmet, does reply to Memes, but I’d like to tag him, because, like me, he lives in the 27th most expensive city in the world. That’s a good reason, isn’t it?

And then, I’m curious to know what Anne from Station Gourmande has to say about the subject. She travels and through her blog, I have discovered quite a few foods, so why not a few blogs?

Kommentare:

ostwestwind hat gesagt…

Danke für's mintmachen

Foodfreak hat gesagt…

Thank you for joining this meme, quite a few new & interesting discoveries for me.

Sury hat gesagt…

Thank you so much for featuring our blog in your meme! That came as a very pleasant surprise. I wanted to check out some of your posts, but couldn't as most of them were in German. My bad luck :(.

Anyhow, hope to see you hopping over to our blog often :)

Unionsbuerger hat gesagt…

et vous sentez vous aussi LIBRE que nous a Montabaur ?

www.chartaland.de

Pille hat gesagt…

I'm so glad you like my blog - and I hope you still do, even if I'm no longer an 'expat' as such, as I moved back home to Estonia in October 2006 :)